Neale & Newman, L.L.P. represents educational institutions, administrators and teachers with regard to educational issues.
Services to Educational Institutions
For educational institutions, we handle issues which affect those institutions on a day to day basis such as:
• Issues arising under FERPA
• Privacy issues involving students
• Discipline issues affecting students
• Dismissal and suspension hearings for students
• Obligations imposed upon educational institutions under state and federal law
• Title IX compliance
• Investigations by the Office of Civil Rights
• Contractual matters relative to teachers
• Preparation of policies affecting students and institution employees
Services for Employees
We represent teachers and administrators in all matters relating to their employment such as negotiating employment contracts. Neale & Newman has represented teachers throughout the state in tenure hearings, contract issues, as well as investigations by governmental agencies including the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Department of Social Services.